The much-awaited bare-knuckle boxing debut of MMA superstar and former UFC fighter Paige VanZant happened at BKFC KnuckleMania. VanZant faced Britain Hart in the main event of BKFC KnuckleMania which transpired on the RP Funding Center in Lakeland, Florida, on February 5th, 2021.
BKFC KnuckleMania full results:
BKFC KnuckleMania preliminary card:
1. Travis Thompson def. Dave Morgan through TKO at 0:22 of Round 2
2. Jarod Grant def. Brandon Lambert through KO at 1:11 of Round 3
BKFC KnuckleMania main card:
1. Britain Hart def. Paige VanZant through unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
2. Dat Nguyen def. Johnny Bedford through unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46)
3. Chris Leben def. Quentin Henry through KO at 1:07 of Round 1
4. Martin Brown def. Zach Zane through TKO at 1:28 of Round 2
5. Lorenzo Hunt def. Rob Morrow through KO at 2:00 of Round 4
6. John Chalbeck def. Greg Bono through KO at 0:20 of Round 3
7. Haim Gozali def. John McAllister through KO at 1:08 of Round 2
8. Dillon Cleckler def. Chris Jensen through KO at 0:24 of Round 1
9. Taylor Starling def. Charisa Sigala through unanimous decision (50-43, 50-43, 49-44)
BKFC KnuckleMania – The buildup to Paige VanZant vs. Britain Hart
Paige VanZant’s most recent MMA fight got here at UFC 251 in July 2020. The mentioned fight witnessed VanZant endure a first-round submission loss by the hands of Amanda Ribas. VanZant then parted methods with the UFC and signed a multi-fight contract with BKFC.
In the meantime, Paige VanZant’s BKFC KnuckleMania opponent Britain Hart has been hailed by many as a great opponent for VanZant’s debut within the sport of bare-knuckle boxing. Hart is incredibly sturdy, has an aggressive combating model, and lots of anticipated her to be a great check for Paige VanZant.
Britain Hart holds a file of 1-2 in BKFC and 4-4-3 in skilled boxing. Hart’s most up-to-date fight saw her rating a fourth-round TKO win over Randine Elkholm at BKFC 14 in November 2020. And contemplating her boxing chops, it isn’t surprising that she ended up winning the bout.